Sunday, March 6, 2011

So This Is My First Entry...

Whoo hoo!  Somebody alert the press!  Seriously, welcome to my food blog. If I appear as if I don't know what I'm doing, well, that's because I don't. But I'm not going to let that stop me. So, bear with me - I hope to be of some help to others out there. Dieting is hard - don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Naturally thin people are naturally thin; they don't tend to have things like insulin resistance to contend with and often regard those of us to whom it is difficult as lazy and undisciplined. Those of us who are not naturally thin (which is to say, most of us, even though almost any kind of media will tell you otherwise) find ourselves struggling. People who have the additional burden of chronic illness struggle even more - I have fibromyalgia as well as insulin resistance and it has been difficult to make the necessary changes in my lifestyle. I'm a work in progress - I have not reached my target weight and I am still very out of shape due to severe exercise intolerance, but over the course of one year, I was able to lose 80 lb's by diet alone, have completely eliminated both aspartame and sucrolose (and many other things) from my diet and no longer need to take prescription medication for type II diabetes. Since I live alone I have modified the recipes  for one person servings ( or in the case of sweets, the lowest number possible so as not to tempt myself ). They are also modified for people who have limited mobility, chronic fatigue or are just plain exhausted from being terminally busy. This means meals that are not too labor intensive - the fewest amount of ingredients and the least amount of prep work, designed to make life easier while still being nutritious and appetizing.

Now, on to the food!

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear about your new venture... GREAT JOB ON SITE and BLOG ...I am getting hungry just reading...I(and Max)will try to follow your advice....See you in June

    Love

    Winn and Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! Looking forward to cooking for you when you're here.

    Love - Beth

    ReplyDelete